2017 DUG Bakken and Niobrara Conference
See below for the 2017 conference agenda. To download a presentation, click the speaker's name and enter the username and password you received after completing the post-conference survey online. Your log-in credentials are only applicable to this conference and may only be used by registered attendees.
March 16, 2017
Opening Keynote: The View From The D-J & Williston Basins
A leading producer and innovator in both the D-J and Williston basins, Whiting Petroleum is fully loaded with technological and geophysical insight to capture greater EUR from the Niobrara and Bakken/Three Forks. Here are its findings and plans.
Analyst Spotlight: The Bakken Under The Microscope
The University of Texas' Bureau of Economic Geology unveils its new comprehensive study on the Bakken Shale for the first time, here at DUG Bakken-Niobrara.
- Scott Tinker, Ph.D., Director, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas, and State Geologist of Texas - Presentation not released
- Svetlana Ikonnikova, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas - Presentation not released
Rockies Buyers' Club Round-Table
From the Bakken and Powder River to the D-J and Piceance, these recent buyers explain why they like the region, why their deals make sense and what they plan to accomplish with their new assets
- Eric Mullins, Managing Director & Co-Chief Executive Officer, Lime Rock Resources LP - Slides were not used in this session
- Bob Boswell, Chairman & CEO, Laramie Energy II LLC- Slides were not used in this session
- Steve Mercer, CEO, NP Resources LLC- Slides were not used in this session
Mid-Morning Keynote: Making Bakken Barrels
As D&C costs have declined in the Williston Basin, Hess Corp. has stepped up its stages. Its standard well design now includes 50. Here are its results from bigger fracture-stimulation jobs and its plans for further capture of oil in place
Completions & Productivity Gains
How are operators continuing to push the economic limits of fracture-stimulation in Rockies plays? And what productivity are they gaining from these new generations of completion design? These experts share their research results.
- "Economic Considerations In Completion Optimization: Nesson Anticline"
Joe Quoyeser, Senior Expert, McKinsey & Co.
- "Rockies & Overall U.S. Shale Productivity Gains"
Trisha Curtis, Co-Founder, PetroNerds LLC
Afternoon Keynote: Bakken-Plus
A leader in figuring out how to make the Bakken pay, Continental Resources continues to extract growing amounts of oil in place from this and the underlying Three Forks. Here are its latest achievements and how the basin fits today in its overall oil-weighted portfolio.
Midstream Spotlight: Moving Barrels, NGLs & Gas
What's the status of Rockies-region oil, NGL and gas take-away capacity and what are the prospects for further growth with a Washington regime change? This expert analyst describes the present landscape and the future for getting hydrocarbons to market.
Tech Roundtable: It's Getting Intense
Enhanced completions and closer well spacing make for the new buzz word: well intensity. Whatever you call it, producers and their service partners are achieving better well results by the day with longer laterals, more sand and closer frack clusters. These experts take a closer look at what works and what they'd like to see ahead.
- Mark Pearson, President, Liberty Resources LLC - Slides were not used in this session
- Paul Favret, Chief Executive Officer, Resource Energy Partners LLC - Slides were not used in this session
- Kumar Ramurthy, Technology Manager - Rockies, Halliburton Co. - Slides were not used in this session
- Amanda Seholm, Director, Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering - North America Land, Baker Hughes Inc. - Slides were not used in this session
Mid-Afternoon Keynote: The Bigger Bakken EUR & The Bigger Leasehold
Oasis Petroleum has improved its type curves in the Williston Basin, where it is producing nearly 50,000 BOE/d, to more than 1.5 million BOE. And it added 55,000 net acres during the downturn. Its 2017 and 2018 outlooks guide to considerable growth. Here are its plans.
Niobrara Panel: Wonders Never Cease
One of the premier plays in the region, the Niobrara/Codell continues to attract prominent operators, more drilling dollars and interested buyers.
Moderator: Chris Sheehan, CFA, Senior Financial Analyst, Hart Energy